At Gershon Pain Specialists, your health and well-being are of the utmost importance. During this time of uneasiness as COVID-19 impacts our lives, please be assured that we remain committed to providing the highest-quality care in a safe environment.
We understand you may have questions and we are here to answer those for you. If you have a question that is not covered in the Q&A, please feel free to reach out to us at (757)496-2050!
Q: Is Gershon Pain Specialists open and seeing patients?
A: Yes, we are open. Your health and well-being are important to us.
Q: Is it safe for me to keep my appointment? What is Gershon Pain Specialists doing to aid in keeping patients safe?
A: In accordance with the CDC guidelines, Gershon Pain Specialists are following all recommended guidelines to provide you and our staff with a safe environment.
- Providers have been set up to utilize Telehealth to minimize face to face contact.
- The main entrance to the office is locked and all visitors must enter through the alternate entrance which will take them to the pre check-in desk. Here they will have their temperature taken as well as answer a questionnaire recommended by the CDC to understand the potential risk the visitor poses to the office by entering.
- Patients are being asked to remain in their vehicles until we contact them via phone to come in for their appointment.
- All doors are opened and closed by staff. The patients are asked not to touch any door handles when they are in the office.
- Any staff of GPS that have active patient interactions are required to wear masks.
- The staff are wiping down patient rooms immediately after the patient leaves. Staff are also wiping down the handles to all of the doors to all of the office every 15 minutes.
- Visitors entering with patients are not permitted into the office. This decreases exposure.
- Procedures and visits that are not medically necessary have been delayed until further notice.
- Daily check-in’s by one of the providers/upper management a few times a day that we are complying with all implemented policies.
- Our staff are screened daily for temperature as well as a COVID-19 questionnaire.
- Our staff are following strict hand washing protocols.
- As appropriate, Gershon Pain Specialists has planned for all eligible staff to work from home as our way to help limit exposure and slow the spread of the virus.
Q: Are you offering Telemedicine?
A: Yes! We are able to utilize Telemedicine for most of our appointments. Please call us if you would like to convert your appointment to Telemedicine. We are using “Google Meet” and “FaceTime”.
Q: What screening criteria is Gershon Pain Specialists following?
A: Following CDC guidelines, all patients, visitors, employees, and physicians entering Gershon Pain Specialists will be screened, including having their temperature taken where available and answering the following questions. Individuals who present with a temperature of 100.4/F or more or answer “yes” to any of these questions will be asked to go home and patient appointments will be rescheduled to Telehealth visits.
- Have you had a fever of 100.4F in the past 3 days?
- Do you have a cough, sneezing, sore throat, headache, shortness of breath, or difficulty breathing?
- Have you traveled in the past 14 days?
- Have you been in contact with anyone who has or is suspected of having coronavirus or is self-quarantining?
Q: I am not feeling well, should I still come for my appointment?
A: If you are not feeling well, we are strongly encouraging you to reschedule your appointment. If you are unable to make your appointment due to illness, we will not charge a late cancellation fee.